Generating insurance leads through telemarketing is one of the most common types of service you will find. There are numerous insurance products that can be telemarketed from auto insurance quote leads to business health insurance plans the possibilities are unlimited.
Some of the common telemarketing campaigns for insurance leads include
- Life insurance
- Auto insurance
- Final expense insurance
- Health insurance
Because the process for generating insurance leads will vary by type here are a few general best practices to consider when getting a campaign started:
- Keep it simple – often the most successful campaigns are the simplest. Short to the point and asking/verifying the fewest pieces of information possible are the way to success
- At the beginning of a call use a short greeting, lets the prospect know the reason for the call and why they should care in under 25 seconds (2-3 short sentences)
- Verify first, ask for new information second – Use verification questions to build report with prospects before asking for new information. For example, “I show your address as…”, versus, “What is your date of birth?”
- Build up a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) and then come up with simple answers (rebuttals) the telemarketer can give to steer the conversation back to generating a lead.
- Remember the goal of a call is to generate interest, get basic information and establish a follow up contact, NOT to sell your product or service. Keep it as simple as possible.
Insurance Lead Telemarketing Scripts
Here are several basic outlines for different insurance lead scripts. Remember you might need to customize the information included here to match you specific needs. Just pay attention to the suggestions above while making edits and you should be able to create a workable first draft.
One of the most important parts of building a successful insurance telemarketing campaign is getting a good source of data to call into. With the level of competition in most areas making cold calls can be difficult to get good results. Its often better to use more qualified data. In many cases you can purchase aged leads from people that have requested more information on a specific type of insurance. An example of an aged data company that works with many types of insurance leads can be found here.